Re: Adding more gauges

On Tue, 12 Aug 1997 04:41:50 -0400 "Nigel Heron" <nigelh@connectmmic.net>
writes:
>hi, i have a related question :
>
>how do i install an oil pressure sensor? i have an 8v, so it should go
>in the hole in on the driver's side of the head, right? but i have a
>oil pressure switch already taking up that hole, can i just remove it
and
>install a sensor from a cabrio? i checked the bentley and it says that
>the cabrio has 2 oil pressure switches and the oil pressure sensor,
>but it doesn't show where they are located....does the cabrio have an
>extra hole over the oil filter that the rocco doesn't have?

The cabby system is kinda detailed but its not what your thinking about.
(or is it?) Its got a high/low pressure differential switches.
There should be one oil pressure sensor on the oil filter flange and the
second goes to the head. (There's also an oil temp sensor on the oil
filter flange as well.) You can make a tee fitting to get pressure from
the drivers side of the head and plug in the stock switch and the added
switch. I've seen a GTi with a temp switch there (I dunno why since the
oil Doesn't flow.) but the oil pressure switch should work fine there in
conjunction with the stock switch.
HTH!

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi