Re: highway wobble

In a message dated 97-08-11 14:50:56 EDT, dharma@cocoloco.com (David Holm)
writes:

<< sending out a call:

 okay, did my struts, had to order new upper strut mounts/bearings, got
 them for $20 bucks apiece...but I notice a wobble at highway
 speed...cannot quite figure it out, is the steering arm loose from the
 wheel control arm or what?  input would be loved...

Well jack up the front end and shake the wheels. Look for any thing thats
loose.
Tie rods, ball Jiots etc.
Check wheel balance too, or rotate tires.

 also when my car is idling, I notice a squeeling sound, it doesn't sound
 like a belt noise, but a higher pitch shorter cycle squeel...could this
 be my alternator?  once again...i don't know and would love info...

Possible belt. Take the belts of one a t time and start the car if the noise
isn't there then look at what it drives or the belt it self. if it stays
timing belt or tensioner  could be your problem. Is the t-belt to tight? or
is a cover rubbing? Just look and listen try to eliminate things to make it
easier on your self.

 and i saw posted a description of how to do a power steering to manual
 steering conversion, if you could post this again, my friend could
 really use it...

what year and model car?
 danke, (thanks)