Re: (<was>: AC Compressor &) Shawn's Wierd Stuff..

In a message dated 97-08-11 04:19:26 EDT, skerocdriver@juno.com (SHAWN C
MEZE) writes:

<< Yah, I know!! Not only that, I cant seem to figure out my own rough
 idle/missing while at a low throttle setting problem myself. Its wierd! I
 replaced my fuel relay, thought it worked until I drove it further than
 -just- around the block. it reacted exactly as it had before, only this
 time it was a little more severe.

Double check for vaccumme leaks especially the injector seals. Spray some
carb cleaner around them when the cars idling leaks will be definately
noticed by idle simuli.

 Then last night, I went to pick up my kid from work and the thing wouldnt
 start. I couldnt hear the fuel pump run so being that it was 1:am, I
 hopped into the GLi and went and got him.

 Today, I go out, check a few things and I find im not getting voltage to
 the fuel pump. I put 12V power to the pump and it runs. (Not very good,
 but it runs. its the origional 15yr old pump!)
 So, I know there was a problem with V supply.

 Popped the hood and what do I find? Well nothing but the connector to the
 fuel control pressure regulator was busted and not connected. Replaced
 the connector and now it runs again, just like before.

 Additional info (Just in case somebody is actually gonna think about my
 little problem) is that at higher RPM, it still has either an electrical
 miss or its fuel related. At full throttle, it pulls strong. Its run like
 this and has gradually gotten worse and worse for the last 6 months or
 so.

check injector flow/ out put

 Some days it runs without any notice of a problem, and others its kinda
 bad. I thought it was prone to higher air temps causing the problem. Im
 pretty short on cash at the moment so buying the needed new fuel pump is
 out of the question. Anybody got a decent used pump they would want to
 trade for a Scirocco Shirt??  : )
 In addition to that, I also need the fuel accumulator since mine is
 leaking from the little flat tip screw on the back side. (What the hell
 does that thing do, anyways??)
 HYCH!!
 (Hope You Can Help)

and get the pump and regulator. If you can get or have a Bosch FI gauge check
those Pressures.

If i was close to you i'd help but I'm in Jersey.

Steven Toughill
NJScirGTX