16V Scirocco hunt.

Hey folks,
Just thought I'd share a little misery.
I have been searching for a decent, affordable 16V for about a year now.
So far I have only found an OK '87 with 130k for $3800 and an '86 with 117k
for $3300.  Then in last Sunday's Dallas paper there were 2 '88s for sale,
one for $1600 with ?mi. and the other for $1990 with 87k mi. !!!!!  I
called on monday and the $1600 car was gone.  Finally got a hold of the guy
selling the $1990 car on tuesday....yep, you guessed it......sold. SIGH.
The search goes on.
BTW, anybody got any ideas about how much $ it will cost to have my gas
tank replaced?  Rusty bastidge is filling my fuel filter every coupla
months and it is making the car run kinda rough.  Still fast enough to take
the odd Honda, and the odd Jetta Trek with flatulent 4" exhast tip and 17"
wheels ( cheesy, dumb-ass, frat-boy looking moron thought he was a badass).
Heh,heh.
Cheers,
Aaron
:-) >

"Listening to music is listening to all noise, realizing
that its appropriation and control is a reflection of
power"
 Noise - The Political Economy of Music. Jacques Attali.