Weekend Recap!

this is long..U want a SHORT version and see da pics check out

http://accomp.com/~ryan/h2o

I'll have em up in a hour or so.

Well Ive now rested up from this weekend's evens so I'll share. I
went caravaning with Club H2O from Houston, TX to a Show and Shine in
San Antonio, TX. We left Sat morning and had a real nice cruze up. We
had a Vanagon Carat, Corrado G60 stage 3, my 16v Scirocco, a Jetta
trek and a 8v GTi. Beside a few sideswipes and close calls from
stupid muther f$%#@ in american pieces of sh!@# not paying
attention to the road it was a pleasent cruze. getting into SA were
going around the loop and this old lady in a new Mercedes enters
the highway and hits her BRAKES in front of me. I lock em up, David
in his C whipps in the next lane and the Jetta and GTi slam the
brakes hard to avoid kissing my cars ass..it was scary...then the
stupid lady floors it..guess she was embarrased!

We get to Rod East VW and Audi, it's great...free food, free
t-shirts, local radio station played music, it was a great show!!!

After the show we went to the Great Magarita Pour-Off and got
really blitzed! Driving back to our hotel, David and his G60 went
the wrong way and we ended up curzing a little more..taking on a few
mustangs, hondas and running with a GTi VR6 for a while. It was all
cool untill we realized we were realy lost. So we got our bearings
and headed off to the hotel...found it..and went to go look for more
places to hang out as it was only 1:00am. pulling back onto the
highway we're flooring it as usual 200ft later out radar detectors go
blitz..theres a cop sittin in the inside median..OOPS!!!! so I see
David his his brakes...me not wanting to give myself away drop
into 4th(yes I was in 5th already @ 90mph) then put it back out
to go into 3rd..but reconsider so I go back to drop it in
4th...instead landed it in 2nd gear! as I let off the clutch I watched
my RPM needle hit 8k and bounce a few times! Depressed the
clutch quick and went back to 4th...sweating and cursing a lot..wife
keeps saying ..what..what?...WHAT??? Luckily the cop was eating
a donut or something but we made it to a Taco Cabana and had a few
more pitchers of Magaritas, calmed my nerves down and crashed.
Car seems to be ok..still running ok..though I really think i should
have it checked out.

On the trip home we swung by Texas World Speedway or whatever
because some Audi club was having a driving school..saw a lot of
Audis driving the road course there and a couple of badass Porches
lapping them like crazy. Too bad we got there too late or we coulda
rode for a few laps. it looked really cool.

lesse thats about it..raced a Mustang GT on the way home ..100mph
for about 50 miles was a blast.

Ryan
'87 16v Scirocco