Re: handling comparison

On Sun, 10 Aug 1997 18:50:11 -0400 Kris Tewkesbury
<tewkes@engin.umich.edu> writes:
>I went to VW Parts Place yesterday to get some used parts for my
>rocco.  I was amazed at all the parts they had there.  They have 1 1/2
acres of
>dismantled VW's.  They had 4 rocco's for sale, 2 16v's in decent
>shape, a 85 wolfsburg for $900 and another 1983 rocco.  I got a mail
order
>catalog if anyone is interested in ordering themselves one the number is
>(248)RAPE-ME!.  It's in Auburn Hills, MI about 20 miles north of
>Detroit.

I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY, RECOMEND EVERYBODY STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS!
First hand experience from myself says that I got ripped off and their
only offer to fix the problem was to offer me 1/2 of what they stole from
me.
I've come to learn that they do treat their walk in customers much better
but I can also tell you all that im not the only one who has had rough
mail order dealings with them guys.
Heres my story, il keep it short and sour:

A couple years ago, after I read in their catelog about how good it was
to replace that power robbing c-clamp manifold with the dual outlet
version, I called and ordered a dual outlet manifold and a downpipe. I
even gave him part numbers that the catelog showed. At first the guy said
he didnt understand what I wanted. (Should of been my first clue) but
then he comes back to the phone saying, oh-oh-oh-oh, I know what you want
now. and 2 weeks later I get the exact same c-clamp manifold that I
already had (Only in much worse condition!) and a dual downpipe for an
A2. So, I called then on the phone and explained what thy had sent me and
thery said to fill out the form and return it. So I do, $18 Via the US
mail (My second mistake) and I waited. About a month goes by and they
still claim they didnt get it back from me yet.
So it wasnt until last year that im flaming PP any chance I got in the
newsgroup (There were many!) and I get a reply from an employee saying he
will look into my case. (Which is more than what I had gotten before.) He
says they still havent gotten anything from me in the mail ect.. And
offers me half of what I paid ($225) for the junk they sent me. Thats
definately not customer satisfaction the way I see it and I still havent
used their so called store credit they offered me.

Theres WAY too many good places to shop at, especially if its mail order
like Virtual World Parts and AAB,ND ect to be treated like this from any
company.

Not only that, read up a little in the VW Newsgroups on the topic of PP
and its all been negative for the most part. The topic comes up about
once every few months.

Oh, I ended up getting a better manifold and downpipe from the Potterman.
(In case you cared..Which, im sure nobody does. :)

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and