Wierd happening...

After letting the '83 sit for a week, a strange thing happened.

When I went back and started it, the idiot lights for the altenator and oxy
sensor did not come on. Checked wires under the hood - all is well, amd the
alternator was charging. So, I drove it, thinking I would fix it later.

Three days later, the problem went away. I suspect a relay in the circuit
somewhere was not making a good connection. It's been two weeks, and the
problem has not returned.

Anyone seen this?

By the way - Katy has got all the rubber detailed - it looks good! I just
returned from a trip to northern Wisconsin (~320 miles one way) - the car
ran flawlessly, and the temperature guage ran below the halfway mark all the
way, at 70-80 MPH. Oil temp about 115 C.

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net

'83 Scirocco (new paint!)
'58 Ghia Convert