New bushings/anti-rattle clips...

Yesterday I put new linkage bushings on the rocco.  What a difference it
made in my ability to shift.  It kept binding up before, now I have no
problems shifting, but when in a gear there is a lot of slop from front to
back.  I mean when it's in 1st gear I can still move it 3-4" back and
forth.  Why is this??

Also replaced my anti-rattle clips on my front disc brakes.  Since I had no
instructions and I'm still awaiting my damn Bentley, I only could guess how
they went on.  I musta guessed right b/c the road noise vanished and I am
happier now that my wheels don't sound like they're gonna fall off on bumpy
roads (read all roads here in Detroit).

Does anyone know of an inexpensive leather shift boot for rocco?  Only one
I could find was $35.  Also looking for a windshield washer pump that
mounts on the tank.  Cheapest I found was $12.50.  How's that sound?

I have a spare washer tank and a barely used donut if anyone needs either
of these I'd be willing to practically give them to you for price of
shipping from Detroit.

Kris Tewkesbury
86 8v