Re: Pride

>*sigh* I've been having fun!  The past three weeks have been pure
>Scirocco domination.  A quick list of cars eaten:
>
>	199? Hyundai Scoupe turbo....(don't laugh, its' fast)...1/4-2 car
>lengths
>	1991 CRX.....................2-4 car lengths
>	1993 Civic..............(he must not have known we were racing) 4-->
>car lengths
>	1989 Civic....same as above
>	1987 Golf 8v..about 2-3 car lengths
>
>	BTW, the mk2 Golf has a Quaife.  We met up a couple weeks ago and he
>told me to my face that he was going to beat me...hehe
>
>	Since I have taken the rear seat, spare tire, box, and amps out of the
>back of my Roc, I have quickened the pace quite a bit.  I raced a JG
>Racing Civic about a month ago and he took me by a car and a half.  I
>ran him two nights ago and I beat him by a hair.
>
>	I cannot wait to play with a G60!
>
>jason
>87 16V

How do these races get set up?  I'm assuming these aren't just stop light
showdowns.  You don't have to square off against McLaren F-1's and 911
GT1's (or even Z-28's and Mustang GT's) right?  Any idea what kind of 0-60
and 1/4 mile times you're running?  Any of this kind of racing going on in
the Los Angeles area so I can check it out?

And Jason, your posts always show up with a 1996 date so they end up at the
top of my inbox.  Is this some bug on my end or yours?

OK, just saw an ad for Fulda tires in Road & Track and it really plays up
the German/Autobahn angle.  I remember Fulda tires being very inexpensive.
Are these tires really German and more importantly, are they good?

benton------