Re: Pride

On Sat, 10 Aug 1996 22:46:00 -0700 Jason Brunberg <stoopid@idirect.com>
writes:
>*sigh* I've been having fun!  The past three weeks have been pure
>Scirocco domination.  A quick list of cars eaten:
>snip

Heh!! Was this on the street or strip? I had my very first encounter with
a 5.0 Mustang. We rolled off the line, absolutely NO traffic in front of
us and way down the road the lanes merge into one. (No side streets
either. That s the 2nd rule of aquisition..) All I wanted to do was be in
front of him so I was just planning on slowly accelerating to get in
front of him (My kid and his girlfriend was in the Scirocco with me) so I
would have the open road, you know how it is. Well, I heard him get all
over it and well, you know how it is. I go full throttle with mine and
surprisingly enough, I pulled away from him. At the same time im telling
my 16yr old to never do this, he's saying, "You beat a 5-0 dad!!" Great..
your still not driving.

Oh, I also beat a 2.1L 83 Scirocco! (On the autox course) so having all
that don't mean much. :)

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi