Re: Take Yer VW and Chev It

At 10:56 AM 4/27/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I've read numerous mags about Chevy engines being dropped into Porche
>bays.  Anyone know of this Frankenstein experiment with VWs.  Just
>curious, I'm not planning on it.

Depends on the engine and configuration. (FWD vs RWD) Its dooable, if you
got your mind set on it and know the right people who can help, you can
stuff any engine into any car. (Within the limits of physics!)

I do know that somebody produces an adapter plate to mount a V-8 onto a bug
tranny. Im not sure if there is one made for a water cooled tranny tho. (I
also know that a water cooled engine wont bolt up to a water cooled tranny,
not the same. Yes, there is an adapter plate for that too...)

Just a side note, after my short career as a Funny Car driver ended, we were
at the shop and drunk (as usual) and decided to stuff our last 460Cu.In
Alcohol burning big block into an old Honda Civic body. It would of bolt
ed right up the the rear end but it was 2" too short! (Heh, no driveshaft!)
Now that would of been a scarry ride, 850HP in an almost no wheelbase 1200
lb car! Also, the driver would of sat in the rear seat...... Well, it
wouldnt fit, so we gave up on it. The law of Physics overule 4 drunks.
Anyways.

Shawn