Re: 16v Crankcase Ventilation Problem?!!!!?

>> The Potterman uses a catch tank (An old brake fluid bottle)
>
>Thanks for the info Shawn(you and mannix should write a book)....gonna be
>doing my swap here soon(month or so)...hopefully I'll have some before and
>after pics on my website.....later all.....
>

>Eric

Thanks!  I ken rite.  Heh.  OK, here's the hot, 5 minute, dumping pink oil
on the grid fix.  See, I had dryer tube on my airbox, leading down to a red
bicycle bottle electrical taped to the fairing - can you sing along?  OK,
here we go...M....I...C....K.....E.....Y.....M O U S E.  ANyhow, that was
my trial cold air system, slapped it together.  It seemed that the vacuum
created by the long hose sucked more air from the engine than it did
outside.  So, between runs, it was dumping LOTS of oil on the ground.  Pink
oil, as the bike bottle (ends cut off) was red.  (the starter thought I was
leaking transmission fluid - "did'nt know you had an automatic!"  Idjit.)
Anyhow, I got sick of it between runs, so I took the hose off the airbox,
capped it with a black GTI lugbolt cap (looks neat), ran the hose into an
empty oil bottle.  Been that way for a while now, almost a year.  It works
ok, but the bottle occasionally oils my steering rack.  Gotta get a longer
hose, mount the bottle vertically.   It dumped oil puddles about 6" across
sitting at the starting line (once aware, I moved out of the groove, did'nt
want to oil the launchpad;).  Lots of oil.  It barely gets any oil now,
pretty happy with it.  Anyhow, that's how I do it, it is about as
rudimentary and cheesy as it gets, and it works great.

Mannix (put a little effort into it, and you'll be all set)