Suspension questions

I have an 88 16v that I've been adding modification to over the past few
years.  This question concerns the addition of sway bars.  I have Autotech
bars, 25mm rear, 22mm front.  I wondering if my setup could cause excessive
understeer.  When driving hard into a corner, the front end lets go and
begins to slide outward, but backing off the gas regains grip (BFG ZR3's,
195-50).  I'm ok with this, but should I do something different to decrease
understeer?  Should I add an upper rear trunk tie-bar like Eurorace's or
the triangulated bar from Neuspeed to further 'tighen-up' the back end?
I would prefer not to replace the 25mm bar with a 28mm since I've already
got money into it, but if that was the only way to go....Oh, I also have a
Neuspeed upper front strut tie bar.  Someday, I'd like to autocross so
what would be the best solution for the street, the autocross, or any
combination of them.  Again, thanks for any and all recomendations.

==Brett