RE: Idle/Hesitation problem

Thanks for all the replies (even the ones that were off the subject)

I haven't had my car for very long, and when I went to replace the
fuel filter this morning I noticed that the one already in there was the
ORIGINAL filter!  (This car has 150k miles on it, so....)  Anyway,
after replacing the filter the idle was still high and it still
hesitated
and jerked when I mashed on the gas.  However, after driving for about
10 minutes, the problem stopped and my idle returned to its usual
(about 900 RPM) position.  Whether or not the filter was the cause of
the problem I don't know.  It seems weird that replacing it wouldn't
have an immediate effect.

Tim