Re: Idle/Hesitation problem

At 07:27 PM 4/22/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>I suspect something else is wrong. What kind of shape is your charging
>>system in? If you have a dying battery, it will cause the engine speed to
>>increade to make up for the loss in voltage. The way you describe the
>>increasing isle speed and the hesitation, thats my first suspect. Have
>>that checked out first and then look into the fuel system.
>>HTH!
>>
>>Shawn
>
>In my experience, the engine slows down a bit when the alternator is
>trying to charge a dead battery. That's why a dead or low battery
>sometimes is accompanied by screeching belts - increased drag.
>
>What is the mechanism for this? Something in the newer CIS-E?
>
>Chuck Kuecker

You know what Chuck? Now that im awake, have had some coffee and was going
over my morning in my head on the way back from LA today, I do believe I was
talking out my pie hole! VW's dont have this nifty little taletale gizmo that
my B-210 has........ Shorry!  :) Now that I can think about alt failure in my
Scirocco, it just friggin died, no warning. It didnt even have enough juice to
turn on the alt idiot light! Nice system it is! So, if the car dies and the
alt light doesnt come on..... whatsit mean? Jees, im a we bit confused now...
Well, I have a volt meter now so i'll use that! Or something....

Shawn