Re: Ahhh Memories

>At 09:38 PM 4/21/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Well, maybe it depends on what the highway patrol was doing at the time. If
>they were assisting a motorist or writing a ticket, they dont care what is
>happening on the road. This is my chief complaint of drivers in CA. They see a
>cop on the side of the road and slow down, like the cop is gonna jump in his
>car and come after them. LAME! Get real. It never happens. Now, if your doing
>something that really gets you noticed, say swerving back and fourth and
>squealing tires, or even better, rearend some bonehead who is gawking at the
>parked cop, that will get his attention and even then, he wont come after you,
>unless you hit and run, of course.

 There is one other time they will hop in their car and chase you. Never,
ever wave a bag of donuts out of the car while passing a parked cop.:) Its
a scary sight, kinda like a bucket of chum and sharks. Or maybe more
appropriately, a bucket of slop, and some pigs.

  I usually slow down when I see a cop parked on the side of the road just
because my personal experience(Not in CA) has been that they work in groups
often. If you pass one ticketing, there's a decent chance another will be
over the next hill looking for a potential victim. If you slow down to a
reasonable speed over the limit the second cop will ignore you and go for
the most blatant speeder, usually. It seems theres always a person or two
who likes to fly by the cop who is ticketing. As long as you're not that
person, your chances of getting stopped aren't too high.

Brad