Re: first cars

My first car was a 1986 Ford Ranger 4 cylinder. Good dependable truck,
until the head gasket broke and the block cracked, my dad bought it for
$2300 back in 1990, we sold it for $200 with the broken engine; should
have sold it after hurricane andrews when we got offered $350 for it.
Then:
1985 Chrysler Le Baron Turbo 2.3. PIECE OF SHIT. I'm talking 8pg, 60mph
top. I thought the engine was gonna give up on me, but instead the
transmission broke. Bought it for $800 sold it for $50 to junk yard.
Then:
1987 Scirocco 16v, still with me today, I love this car but just can't
afford to keep it (too expensive to fix and too many speeding tickets)
Bought it for $2300 and will sell for Best offer.

The car I learned to drive on was a 1985 FIAT 147, great economic car.
Very reliable, despite what people think of FIATs. FIATs are my other car
love, besides VWs.

--Ren