fuel vs. ignition

Hello fellow Scirocco-ists and everyone else!
Been pretty busy lately with a new job and a relationship,
so allow me to apologize for 'lurking'{takes time to respond
to all these subjects, ya know...}
1. List Change: put in my .02, read all of your solicited opinions,
and think Kevin's idea is on both sides of one coin. Granted, my initial
search began with 'scirocco', although now I can see the specificity (A1)of
the matter. Either way, change or not, this list is the best resource I have
for my 16v- simply the best. Thank you everyone for your knowledge, your
efforts, your dedication [SEE NO.2], and your feelings as well. You know who
you are! ;p
2. Other Peoples Opinions: Back when I had my RZ350 motorcycle, there
were people who couldnt comprehend my eternal infatuation with that thing-
now with the rocco, theyre always saying 'man, all you do is finger that VW-
why dont you just get something that runs w/out getting
under the hood...' Well, because working on my car doesnt 'suck'; its
fun- its a meditation- its part of me. Nuff said.
3. Carbon Fiber Wing: Make your own. Or something similar. NOI
4. Theoretical Electronic Supercharging: Ill get back to yous on that one...
5. Door Locks and Deterants: If they want it, theyll get it- even if
that means using a flatbed. SOBs As for alarm systems, shaved access,
and kill switches: yes, if its worth it to you, use them. I like the
idea of several (3,4) kill switches. Of course, right now Ive got zero,
so please dont steal my rocco.
6. Fuel vs. Ignition: Earlier today I was driving, running errands; I
stopped for ice cream, got back in the car, fired her up, idled for about 90
seconds, and it died. Faulty cold start valve? Vapor lock?
(doubt it). Waited about an hour, tried again, nothing. The starter
whines just perfect. No spark at the center dist. connect; bad coil?
Coil does have about 140,000 miles on it tho... Oh and no spark at
plugs. Tomorrow Ill do a coil test- Sound advisable?
AHIIA! (Any help is immensely appreciated!)
Paul