Re: VW vs Honda

At 02:13 4/18/97 +0000, Jay Docherty wrote:

>> On 17 Apr 97 at 23:09, Jay Docherty wrote:
>>
>> > Oh yea!  Well my first car was a Hyundai Excel!  Four door hatch.
>> > With a wopping 1.2 L engine.
>>
>> Gotcha beat......I once had an Opel Kadette wit ha 1.1L :)
>> My first 2 cars were 57 Chevys, the 3rd was a 56 Chevy.  Can't
>> remember how many times I wished I had the money those 3 would be
>> worth today :)
>
>You think you tuff?!?!
>Well maybe I should of mentioned that my hyundai did not have fifth
>gear.  No it wasn't a 4 speed it was a five speed without fitfh.

Well, let me uncloak and jump into the fray here.

In '81 I got my first car: a '65 Ford Custom, which was nothing more than a
stripped down Galaxy, with a 240 cu inch engine that put out all of 105 hp
or so (for a 4000+ lb car), and a manual 3-speed on the steering column, a
d*mn foot-operated emergency brake (made stop lights on hills real
interesting!), and springs as soft as Wonderbread.  0-60 and 60-0 each in
three days.  Could seat 8 comfortably though.  A year later I saw the light
and got my '78 Scirocco, which I still drive every day.  Kinda wish I had
kept the Custom, too; it'd be a classic now.

Joachim
78 Scirocco
90 Vanagon

Joachim and Belinda and Hobi and Griffin in Houston, TX
...and now Lucky, the rescue kitten, too!
beekj@ghgcorp.com

Strong drink is the curse of the land.
It makes you argue with your neighbors.
It makes you shoot at your landlord.