Re: VW vs Honda

> On 17 Apr 97 at 23:09, Jay Docherty wrote:
>
> > Oh yea!  Well my first car was a Hyundai Excel!  Four door hatch.
> > With a wopping 1.2 L engine.
>
> Gotcha beat......I once had an Opel Kadette wit ha 1.1L :)
> My first 2 cars were 57 Chevys, the 3rd was a 56 Chevy.  Can't
> remember how many times I wished I had the money those 3 would be
> worth today :)

You think you tuff?!?!
Well maybe I should of mentioned that my hyundai did not have fifth
gear.  No it wasn't a 4 speed it was a five speed without fitfh.
Consequently I couldn't bring the car over 60 mph cause it would blow
up.  And 60 was pushing it.  In the end I did blow it up and put a
new engine in it.  Then I blew that one up and rebuilt it.  In the
end a car that was worth about $400 cost me 2000.  It was worth it
though (well, not really) because the garage I worked for taught me
how to fix it.  And thats where I learned alot of basic machanic
skills.

Sorry for the none scirocco post.  It is kinda funny though.

                                      Jay
'80 Scirocco 8v

Check out the Watercooled VW gallery...
             http://idt.net/~volkswgn