"New Jetta GT" or "Been there done that"

Here's an amusing little anecdote for ya'.
Last night, while returning home from an evening with my girlfriend, I got
into a little test of speed with a shiny new Jetta.  It had a badge on the
boot that said "GT", and what looked to be 14" wheels.  Anyway, to make a
long story short, I pulled him at the very top end on the freeway.  My
speedo only reads to 100mph, @ about 5 o'clock on the speedo, and the
needle was between 6 and 7.  My tach read just over 6500 rpm in 4th gear.
At that speed he was felling behind very slowly but he WAS falling behind.

And this from a car that is mostly stock.
A '79 S, recently (10k miles) rebuilt 1.6, G-grind cam, K&N, Autotech
Tri-y, TT exhaust, port matched big-bore throttle body & manifold.Wide
ratio 5-speed, hence the 4th gear run.
Never had the head or the oil pan off the motor.
Just wait till I drop in a 2.0 16V motor.
Heh, heh, heh.
'Night all.
ADP

"Listening to music is listening to all noise, realizing
that its appropriation and control is a reflection of
power"
 Noise - The Political Economy of Music. Jacques Attali.