Cooling System

Hello all,

Just got a paycheck and even a few (very few) bucks to spend so I went
out and purchased a new heating valve and a 175 degree F thermostat.
I'm going to tackle this job (should be quite easy, I stress should)
tomorrow evening, anyone have any comments on this type of job?
Anything I should know about (any secrets)?  Also, I was looking for the
185 degree thermo, but the guy only had a 175 OEM part.  Does this sound
right?  I only know from what I've read (never changed a thermostat on
my VW), but I only remember hearing about a 185 degree thermo.
Comments?

John
80 Scirocco S