Re: Paint Jobs and Cost

>I'm definately going to keep my scirocco now probobly forever, but I was
>just waxing it today and really notices all the scratches, dings etc etc
>it makes me sick. I know you get what you pay for but how terrible are
>those Maco $250 jobs they must suck.

 I had a partial paint job on mine after an accident last year, and had it
done at a place that charges $2K+ for a paint job since it was covered by
insurance. Since mine was only partial paint, it didn't cost as much. I had
them touch up a few problem areas on the paint job. If you get it done like
this you don't have to pay much since your insurance is covering the cost
of the mixing paint, etc. You just have to pay to have the extra paint
applied. I also had them do a serious buffing on the old paint, and when it
was finished the car looked amazing, for around $100 of my money.

  A friend had a Maaco job on his Vette. I think I could do a better job
with finger paint, and have it last longer too.

>Also how much more expensive is it to change the color do you have to
>have the engine bay painted or does it not look too bad not changing
>that?

Dont forget door jams, trunk. It seems like it'd be a LOT of hassle if you
wanted it done right.

> Also the sunroof needs
>adjusted to keep it from scratching the top everythime I open it....

Same here. I haven't opened mine since the paint job, and won't until I get
it adjusted.

Later,
Brad