Re: Paint Jobs and Cost

At 04:31 PM 4/10/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I was wondering for those of you that have had you sciroccos painted
>what the average rate?
>
>I'm definately going to keep my scirocco now probobly forever, but I was
>just waxing it today and really notices all the scratches, dings etc etc
>it makes me sick. I know you get what you pay for but how terrible are
>those Maco $250 jobs they must suck.
>
>Kevin McGrath
>http://www.pelican.net/~kevin
>Myrtle Beach SC USA

        Well I just went to Maaco today, as a matter of fact.  I have had my
Scirocco for two years and the whole time the poor thing was never one
color.  At the autocrosses when I had to register, in the Car Color spot I
just put "take your pick."  Well unfortunately my poor Scirocco S is
infected too deeply with the rust cancer so I didn't want to spent that much
on her paint.  I have been doing body work on her for a while and the winter
turned it into a rusty mess again (damn road salt, foiled again.)  So for a
quote of $355 my 'rocco will be one color again.  Thats no warrenty, etc..
The guy said if anybody asks where it got painted say Earl Shibe.
        I plan on finishing it so that there aren't that many spots but it
will not be 100%  but better  than primer!

        When I painted the Alfa which had close to no rust I paid $2000 at
another body shop, that car looks spectacular.
					DOM!
					1980 VW Scirocco S in DM
					1983 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
					1986 Kawasaki 600 Ninja