Re: scirocco insurance

> Well, I live in West Virginia, not Seattle, but I have American States insurance and
> they seem very fair and reasonable to me.  I pay slightly less than $100.00 per
> month for two cars; I carry full coverage on a 1980 Camaro Z/28 and liability only
> on my 1977 Scirocco.  Of course, I just turned 40 in December, so your rates may be
> different.
>
> If you have trouble finding an agent, I'll be glad to call mine for you; I'm sure
> she can refer you to an agent in your area.
>
> I compared a lot of different insurances when I found these folks; Allstate had just
> *doubled* my rates for no reason, and American States was cheaper than Allstate's
> *original* rate.

	My father works for American States and I can tell you a few
things about them.  First of all automobile insurance is not their first
line of business I am told so often they will tend to be a little more
expensive than the average insurance provider.  But so the saying goes:
you get what you pay for.  They have been very good to us over the years,
and the claims are always paid quickly.  There was even one time when I
hit a puddle (actually a small lake) and I ended up sucking water in
through the intake and filling up the cylinders.  Needless to say my
engine was toast, but the insurance covered most of that and now I have a
new engine.
	I think that the best part of the deal is that if you make
arrangements to cover something--its covered no doubt about it.

Adam Vigus