Re: Armor Door plate install

At 12:41 AM 4/10/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I was given some armor door plates for my '81 Scirocco S, but they didn't
>come with any instructions.  How do I put these things on?
>
> *  Donovan Porter

heres how:

With a #1 flat tip screwdriver, gently pry up the silver or black door
handle cover from the end that has the lock closest to it. Then remove the
screw that was hidden underneath it. (with a #2 phillips screw driver) Dont
lose the screw! Next, open the door and remove the big screw (with a #3
phillips screw driver) that holds the handle in place. The door handle will
come out by sliding it foreward and then with a few little manuvers and
wiggles, just dont force it.

Place the armor plate on the door handle, and reinstall the door handle.

It should take you less than 5 minutes to do each door.

HTH,

Shawn