Impulse+my opinions (long impulse!)

<< Nope Jeremy, if you're gonna go all out, slap a VR6 in there.  No turbo
 lag and kicks asphalt! :) >>

If you put a VR6 (and the added weight) in a Scirocco, you end up with
greasy, skinned knuckles, and a car that isn't much different from a Corrado
in the first place.  Also, the G60 is a supercharger, not a turbo, and there
is no turbo lag.  This swap seems much more manageable, and the results make
for a better balanced car....Chris?

BTW is everybody as sick as I am of reading EC's "new article" about how
Ron's Parts shoehorned a nitrous VR6 with JATO rocket assist into a Polo or
Fox?  Come on!  How about an article on balancing a car's handling like
performance alignments or low buck tips for maximizing hp & torque like
advancing timing instead of spotlighting the newest tuner, who for a million
dollars and 3.5 inches of your manflesh will transform your car into....screw
it!  If I had that coin, I'd buy an M3!  Come on!  Sure, they have a Scirocco
"project car"....where the hell is it?  You might see it again if the
advertiser-favored articles ever slow down.   What was the first thing they
did to it for their feature installment?  Well, after patting themselves on
the back for the "find" the owner made (they looked in the paper), they send
the car out to be fully repainted (well there goes the budget).
    The new issue highlights the GTi racing series which is open to '75 to
'84 rabbits, and the best part is that you can't spend too much on the car or
the officals take your car and sell the parts!  This series will be a huge
success, and will probably spread to all regions of North America because of
it's affordability and reasonableness of rules...so what does EC do for the
pictorial section of the article?  Show a zillion pictures of the Moospeed
pace car which happens to cost around 22 grand.  How about an frigging actual
race rabbit you schmucks?  I can get this kind of bullpuckey from Hot Rod
magazine.  VW is the people's car, EC should wake up and realize not everyone
has a truckload of VR6 engines and A3 bodies, along with a couple of months
off work to wrench.

Jim
1987 Scirocco 16valve (paid $300...yea, I LOOKED)