Re: Impulse+my opinions (long impulse!)

Vw16valve@aol.com wrote:

> << Nope Jeremy, if you're gonna go all out, slap a VR6 in there.  No turbo
>  lag and kicks asphalt! :) >>
>
> If you put a VR6 (and the added weight) in a Scirocco, you end up with
> greasy, skinned knuckles, and a car that isn't much different from a Corrado
> in the first place.  Also, the G60 is a supercharger, not a turbo, and there
> is no turbo lag.  This swap seems much more manageable, and the results make
> for a better balanced car....Chris?
>
> BTW is everybody as sick as I am of reading EC's "new article" about how
> Ron's Parts shoehorned a nitrous VR6 with JATO rocket assist into a Polo or
> Fox?  Come on!  How about an article on balancing a car's handling like
> performance alignments or low buck tips for maximizing hp & torque like
> advancing timing instead of spotlighting the newest tuner, who for a million
> dollars and 3.5 inches of your manflesh will transform your car into....screw
> it!  If I had that coin, I'd buy an M3!  Come on!  Sure, they have a Scirocco
> "project car"....where the hell is it?  You might see it again if the
> advertiser-favored articles ever slow down.   What was the first thing they
> did to it for their feature installment?  Well, after patting themselves on
> the back for the "find" the owner made (they looked in the paper), they send
> the car out to be fully repainted (well there goes the budget).
>     The new issue highlights the GTi racing series which is open to '75 to
> '84 rabbits, and the best part is that you can't spend too much on the car or
> the officals take your car and sell the parts!  This series will be a huge
> success, and will probably spread to all regions of North America because of
> it's affordability and reasonableness of rules...so what does EC do for the
> pictorial section of the article?  Show a zillion pictures of the Moospeed
> pace car which happens to cost around 22 grand.  How about an frigging actual
> race rabbit you schmucks?  I can get this kind of bullpuckey from Hot Rod
> magazine.  VW is the people's car, EC should wake up and realize not everyone
> has a truckload of VR6 engines and A3 bodies, along with a couple of months
> off work to wrench.
>

> Jim
> 1987 Scirocco 16valve (paid $300...yea, I LOOKED)

Yep Jim,

Chris hipped me to the fact about the diff between turbo and
supercharge.  I still stand by my original thought though.  I don't much
care if the Scirocco "isn't much different from a Corrado in the first
place."  In my book, speed is always good if one handles it responsibly,
i.e., take it to the track, not the highway.  True, not everyone has a
"truckload of A3 bodies and VR6's" laying around but I can dream can't
I?!?!?!?!?!  Anyhooo, here's mud in your supercharger :)

Steph