Seat question

Hi,
 After taking my car to a car wash on Sat. I noticed that the passenger
sideseat didn't tilt forward anymore when the lever on the side of the seat
was raised. I checked out the mechanism, and this lever has two wires which
run inside the seat back to the hinge part of the seat. One of these wires
is broken inside the seat back. If I could get to the wire, I don't think
repairing it would be difficult. However, I couldn't figure out how to get
to the wire. Anybody have an idea on how to do this?. Its an 87 16V with
the cloth seats.

Thanks,
Brad