Re: Rear wings!! Finally rear wings!

>  "  ATTENTION ALL SCIROCCO2 OWNERS!!!!!!! Custom made carbon fiber rear fins
>for '82+ Scirocco. These light weight
>    fins make your Scirocco complete. The spoilers can take seconds off your
>0-60's and create better down force, which
>forces your car down, thus making corning and handling better. Fins range
>from 3 to 5 layers of carbon. 3 layers being light
>weight to 5 layers being much stiffer, stronger, and better. The fins are
>made of one piece composite carbon fiber with a
>shinny black carbon finish and weights 1/4 of your 13 pound stock fin. ('85+
>cars) If you would like one custom made for your
>Scirocco2 please email me at jmeister@lc-xpress.com 3 layer fins start at
>$250.00 Other makes and models coming soon
>Scirocco1 and Rabbit MK1 (revised 4-4-97) "

When I saw this I laughed. This guy claims that the spoiler, which weighs
around 10 lbs less than stock by his own admission will shave seconds off
your 0-60 time. Why does he claim that? Does he think better downforce on
the rear is going to help acceleration in a FWD car? Does he think that
even comes into play at low speeds? I guess if I yanked my interior(at
least 20 lbs of stuff), I should be able to beat a Ferarri by this guys
calculations.
  As dubious as his performance claims are, I'd still be interested in
seeing what it looks like.

Brad