Re: Other: Tesla G-Tec Hp Meter

At 05:32 PM 4/4/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Just recieved my Tesla G-Tec Pro Hp/Accel meter yesterday.  ITS GREAT!!!
>And i got a pretty good deal on it too! Anyways lemme fill you all in,
>just in case you aren't familiar with it.  It is a window mounted unit,
>very simular to a radar detector except smaller, and it plugs into the
>lighter socket and that is it!  It has an internal gyro and is able to
>VERY accurately calculate your road HP, your 0-60 time, 60-0 time, 1/4
>mile time & speed, instantaneous g's, and latteral g's.  The accuracy is
>to .1 of a second and 1 HP.  It is absoultly the coolest thing going...
>i can't belive that is does what it does...

Trevor, keep in mind that your G-meter is very sensitive to road conditions,
and it's always best to take two runs, one in each direction and average.  I
enjoy mine a lot, but always be careful that your tests are consistant and
on a flat surface.  Also, it doesn't have a Gyro in it, it's a silicon cube
with a weight, I could go into how the conductivity of a semiconductor
changes iunder compression, but why bore you to death.

Dan