Re: 8v running woes

> On Wed, 2 Apr 1997 22:35:00 +0000 "Ryan Schuermann" <rts@phoenix.net> wrote:
>
> > I plan to take this to the shop..but i'd like to get a feel at what
> > i'm facing.
> >
> > for the past week my car has been running horribly, and today I
> > caught it in the act. Here's the events..Start car..keep revs above
> > 1500 for 60 seconds, 1st gear engaged and driving...stop at the
> > apartment out gate, and I idle at 1000, then I head a faint click
> > fron the left side of the dash, and it starts to idle rough..pulsing
> > fron 300-500..I gotta goose the gas above 2000rpm or the car will die
> > when I let off the clutch, then it feels like its lurching and
> > stalling and lurching etc. Then I hear the same click and presto it
> > runs fine and smooth again. I'm thinking O2 sensor? maybe something
> > with the feul pump? If I don't start the car reving at 1500 it will
> > nearly die on me and run crappy the whole time no matter how many
> > times I restart it(trying to reset a faulty 'puter)so...anyone with a
> > faint clue so I don't look completely stupid at the mechanic?
> >
> > Ryan
> > '87 16v Scirocco
> > '86 8v Sciro..put..cc...put..o
>
> Fuel Pump Relay?  Probably.  Pull that and check it.  Do you hear a clicking noise from
> behind the dash?  Does the fuel pump get louder?  Good luck ma man!

hrm..relay..hadn't thought of that one!..I'll check it out
tomorrow..umm anyone know if the one off my 16v will work on the 8v?
so I dont have to buy a tester relay?

yeah the 2 clicks were comming from the general area of the fuse
box..and the car clicks very loud whenever I depress the gas pedal..would
that loud click, click, click be comming from the feul pump?
hrm... off to the shop! thanks

Ryan
'87 16v Scirocco
'86 8v Scirocco