Re: Help ! My car will not start

CarAudio wrote:

> Now i checked the rear fuel pump and it does seem to come on.  I applied
> 12V to the ign side of the pump and it spins and sounds as if it is
> pumping gas through.  I didn't check the fuel filter yet, and i can't
> remember the lasttime i changed it. So that is next in line to check.

> Thanks,

> Gene

 Have the pump tested to see that it is providing the correct pressure. I had
a Rabbit once with trash in the gas tank... In it, I had two pumps that
didn't stop all together, but just stopped providing high enough pressure to
open the injectors. I forget what the actual pressure is... It should be
pretty easy to find. The important thing is to not let some idiot at a parts
store stick his jumper cables to it and tell you it's good just because it
runs.

   Bosh pumps are $300+ - Generic replacements run about $80.

Hope this helps.

 Ray   -    '81 Rabbit   (Deceased)
	    '81 Scirocco (Top Speed 65Mph)