Re: Sidemarkers

>> My '83 and my '87 have 'em and they are stock.  They only come on
>> the Karmann edition.
>
>Hmmmm......mine's a Wolfsburg.  Maybe they all have them too?
>

>If sidemarkers are those lights that are often on european models, that are
>between the front door and the front wheel well, my '83 Scirocco GTI
>Wolfsburg does not have them. In fact I don't remember seeing them in the
>states at all.

This whole sidemarker thing has really gotten me confused!  I've had four Sciroccos (2 Euro and 2 US) and to the best of my memory neither one of them has had sidemarkers.  My '89 that I have now does not have them.  Can someone who has them please describe exactly where they are.  I stared at a picture of an 86 Karmann I had in the states, but I just don't see them!  Am I blind or something??