Re: Help ! My car will not start

I dunno if this belongs in the list here..but yes its a good
amp..but NO, listen to me...if your going to buy an amp, dont
rely on the (watt)x(number)..I highle recommend looking at the
amps statistics at say 200x1 or 100x2, if the amp cant push that,
then its worthless...you can buy a head unit that pushes 35x4!

If your going to buy an amp..get the most powerful one you can
that performs the best at the high outputs.

examples
Punch (Rockford Fosgate) GOOD
Reference (SoundStream) GOOD
McIntosh GOOD
PPI GOOD

there are a LOT of amps out there..those are prob the 4 leading
amps. I have a Ref. 300 and a Ref 500 I bought used, still under
factory warranty, and paid umm $400 for the Ref 500. I had the
300 pushing my frotn speakers (seperates) and the 500 pushing
my 2 15" in the trunk...my 300 just crapped out on me and I'm running
my WHOLE car off of the 500, and it sounds great! why? because it's
such a good quality amp, it's designed to run in mixed-mono with
verry low %thd.

If you want ideas on new, bigger speakers check out my homepage
http://www.nwpros.com/~ryan/scirocco.html

..i dont mean to start an audiophile flame war here as this is
a scirocco listserv, so please reply to this privately if you have any
other comments or bitches to send tome..thanks. And If you want
to know how to run wires etc..i can tell ya how too,I plan to
posta very detailed install later on the web page butfor now,
the few pics will have to suffice.

Ryan

|Ryan Schuermann			       ryan@nwpros.com|
|Technical Analyst			      zqft01@amoco.com|