Re: Suspension question.

Chris Fiddes wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> I'm driving an '85 8v.  What flavour is your Scirocco?
>
> I read (with appropriate horror) about your suspension problem.  I can't
> help you - but hopefully I can learn from your experience ;)
>
> The suspension set-up you've had installed is exactly what I am considering.
> I'm trying to find out how far the car is actually going to drop in the
> front and in the back.

Hello Chris,
	I have an '87 16V as for being concerned about the lowering of
the Eibach springs. Don't worry at all. I am very happy with my scirocco
suspension setup. I think for the money compared to the bilsteins or
Konis The Boge were a good choice in my case.

Of course if you have a ton of money why not get Konis. I wouldn't worry
about parking lots etc. Since I deliver Pizza here in Myrtle Beach SC
(Mostly hotels) I haven't had much of a problem and I drive a lot. You do
have to be a little more carefull but not much.

I didn't do any measurments but I can tell you the car definately looks
better and felt better. <notice past tense> I gotta get this thing fixed.
I am very happy with this setup. Its not a race setup but I bet it
handles better than a lot of cars. BTW the setup is supposed to lower the
car 1.25 inches in front and 1 inch in back