Re: oxygen sensor/city lights

Chris, my light came on ot 60k exactly.  So I dutifuly procured an ox
sensor at a VW parts house with competitive prices.

Thinking that I was pretty smart getting a good price on one (about a
$100) I bring the cor to my local mechanic to install it.  He says: "Why
are you replacing it?  It's a Bosch, they never break.  You only replace
them in American Cars."  I didn't feel so bright after that.

While I'm on the subject of idiot lights, has anyone had one of the
green lights come on, meaning, I think, that a bulb is blown?  Has
anyone ever had a problem locating the offending bulb?  Is there a
secret bulb somewhere?

Just wondering
Rob T.

87 16v