Re: Front Speakers

On Fri, 13 Sep 1996, Rob Calderwood wrote:

||Anyone know of a decent midrange speaker that fits into the tight
||4X6 inch stock speaker openings in Scirocco II front doors?

I just installed a pair of Pioneer 4x6" speakers from Ciruit
City ($60/Pair).  They're 2 way and I think they sound better
than the Alpines I listened to.  It wasn't a simple install tho.
I had to make some cuts in the plastic to allow the upper,
rear car side corner fit in the space provided.  It took about
10 minutes per side and is behind so it doesn't show.  The
covers took some doing too.  I actually took a Dremmel and
shaved down the covers to that they would fit over the slightly
raised edges of the new speakers.  Like I said,  it was a little
doing but it looks stock.

	dapete