Re: Front Speakers

the answertothat is NO.

I went out and bout some MBQuart 215.02 CX seperates..now you may not want to
pay for MBQuart..but any seperates will do..the speaker sizes were a
1" tweeter and a 5 1/4 speaker. I surface mounted the tweeter above the
door handle just atthe egde of the apex of where the door starts to
triangulate to meet the side of your dash. You cant mount them flush or
sunken because theres no depth up there between the metal and the cardboard.

now the hard part is custom fitting the 5 1/4" into a 4" speaker hole.

remove the stock speaker..take a soldering gun or wand and melt the
lower walls above and below the BACK side of the speaker hole.this
will allow that extra width to fit..you'll also have to shave/file down
the plastic top around the same area you melted because once you snap the
speaker housing back together it will rest against your woofer at those
2places that the speaker is actuallu behind the hole  ...and
you'll only be able to mount 3 screws..but it holds it good enough.

..it'll look like this after install

try this ascii (frontof car)---> ie looking at the driverside from seat

    .- - - -X- -. <----new 5 1/4" hole [X]
  O.----------------------.O  <---stock 4x6 hole [O]
  /                `       \
 X                 :        |
 |                 :        |
 |                 :        |
  \               ,X       /
  O`----------------------'O
    `- -X- - - -'

now you can kinda see where you have to solder to fit that overhang.

Everything should snap back on..the speaker magnets should JUST
clear the speaker opening on the metal door....the one on my
passenger side was rubbing my like 1mm so i just whacked the hole
edge whith a hammer once and now its perfect fit.

they sound BEAUTIFUL...look stock!! ..well except foer the tweeter
but below it looks exactly like a stock system.

Ryan
I think i'
ll go take some pics right now and get them scanned..damn wheres
that camera
|Ryan Schuermann			       ryan@nwpros.com|
|Technical Analyst			      zqft01@amoco.com|
|PARANET, Inc.				schuermann@paranet.com|