Re: Throttle Body Mod.

At 09:57 PM 9/14/96 -0700, you wrote:
>        Okay for all you guys who want to know about the throttle body mod.
>here it is.  First, this technique might not be smog efficient but I
>seriously doubt if you would fail smog.  Anyways you can reverse if you want
>too. Okay first you need a screwdriver, a hammer, a piece of wood, and a
>nail, plus a allen head socket or wrench.  Basically what you are going to
>do is knock out the restrictor plug in your throttle body.  This way you can
>gain 5-7 hp, and believe me I did notice a difference.  It is a lot cheaper
>than buying a Neuspeed throttle body but the Neuspeed will probabaly give
>you over 10 hp.
>        First you want to remove the throttle body with the allen head
>socket, I forget what size it is somewhere around six?  There are four of
>them.  Before you do this you want to remove all the vaccumm hoses and the
>accelerator cable. then you will see the throttle body with two holes in it.
>The smaller hole has  plug in it.  So it is a lot smaller than it should be.
>Knock the restrictor out with the screwdriver and hammer with the piece of
>soft wood(pine or something like that).  It is actually not that hard to do,
>place the screwdriver on the inside end so that you are hitting the thin
>edge inside the throttle body.  One or two good whacks and it will come out.
>Next use a thin nail to ream out the vaccumm hose hole.  You will see inside
>you new big hole. That is basically it, just remember to not to overtighten
>the bolts as to not strip them, as I learned painfully.  Also it might not
>be a bad idea to put a new gasket seal on the throttle body.  Also you might
>try putting in a K&N air filter at the same time to really open the air and
>get it flowing through there.         If anybody has any questions on this
>procedure just post a message.  Also if you do, do this modification tell me
>about it, i.e. what difference did you notice if any.
>                                                        Steve Peterson
>                                                        speterso@master.edu
>                                                        '78 Scirocco
>                                                        '73 Porsche 914 2.0
>I assume you did this on the Scirocco I of yours?  Would this mod work on
CIS-E as well as CIS?  Where is this hole you made?  In between the
butterflies?  Please let me know.
\
TIA

David

             Original Equipment Marketers

   Serving owners of Volkswagens, Porsches and AUDIs
   with Original Equipment and Aftermarket parts at
                Discount Store Prices.

 Techtonics, Autotech and soon to come, New Dimensions

         diutley@telepath.com.....405-364-2102