Re: 1978 Scirocco I

On 15 Sep 96 at 8:12, schroon wrote:
> Things were a little bit different back then as folks were not
> acustomed to small cars and hatchbacks.  The author considered the
> direct competition of this car to be the Honda Accord (remember, it
> used to be a hatchback, not the stupid yupmobile it is today.) BTW,
> when was the last time you saw on of those still on the road.

Now don't get me wrong, I love my Scirocco and wouldn't trade it for
an Accord in a million years.  But there's most likely just as many of
those little buggers out there as there are Sciroccos of similar
vintage, if not more.  I take delight in blowing their doors in on an
almost daily basis :)  But they also have held up well and deserve
their due.  Just my .02.

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
'85 Scirocco 8V