Re: 1978 Scirocco I

I've never owned a Scirocco that I haven't had to replace the exaust on
within a year or so.  The high pressure fuel lines running beneath
the passenger side back to right rear wheel area are subject to rust and
that's trouble.  Check the tops and sides of shock towers in the engine
compartment for rust lines, cracking and weakening.  Find out when the
rear brakes were done last and make sure the emergency brake really works.
The shocks/structs are probably whipped if they're original.  $600 is a good
price for a clean '78.  I've owned a '78 before and it was one of my
favorites.

That's about all I can think about off the top of my head.  The Scirocco I's
are a great little vehicle.

==Brett