Re: Throttle Body Mod.

At 09:57 PM 9/14/96 -0700, you wrote:

>        First you want to remove the throttle body with the allen head
>socket, I forget what size it is somewhere around six?  There are four of
>them.  Before you do this you want to remove all the vaccumm hoses and the
>accelerator cable. then you will see the throttle body with two holes in it.
>The smaller hole has  plug in it.  So it is a lot smaller than it should be.
>Knock the restrictor out with the screwdriver and hammer with the piece of
>soft wood(pine or something like that).  It is actually not that hard to do,
>place the screwdriver on the inside end so that you are hitting the thin
>edge inside the throttle body.  One or two good whacks and it will come out.

Often one of the brass vacuum fittings on the throttle body protrudes
into this restrictor, and must be pulled out before knocking the restrictor
out.

Also, there were a few years where VW used a smaller air flow sensor
plate, and swapping the smaller air fllow sensor for the larger one will
greatly improve flow.

Mark
Adirondack Auto Brokers
Phone (518) 882-6534