1978 Scirocco I

I am currently looking at buying a 1978 VW Scirocco Fuel Injected. I was
wondering if there is anything that I should look out for, as far as
defects, common problems. What size engine does this one have? How much
would it cost to buy new interior door panels for this model (The guy cut a
big hole in both of them for speakers.) Are there any catalogues that I can
get for parts. I got Rocky Mountain Motor Sports for VW Bugs And it is
really usefull. Here is a little bit about the car I am looking At, It is a
1978 scirocco with fuel injection. It has been hit lightly from behind and
there are two small dents in the back on the spoiler. There is no rust or
other damages to the body. The back windows are tinted, the interior seats
are in good cond. as far as rips and tears. They need re-covered, how much
does that cost, Canadian$Please. The doors look good. It needs new interior
door panels. It has got original mags, new tires and brakes. The guy wants
600$ for it. Should I buy it? I like Type I's, is that a good year? Thank's.

Ryan Eyres