Front spoiler installation: question

Something got to me today and I set out to install an ABD front spoiler
(exact Kamei copy) on my 85 8V (Josh, you will be getting the picture
soon, if you still need it). While that thingie looks nice and greatly
improves the lame stock underneath-the-bumper-look of the 8V car, I had
some problems in painting it (installation is extremely easy by the way,
only two extra holes (5/16) are needed in the front of the car).

The folks over at ABD claim that the primer coating they have put on
makes the spoiler ready to paint. Stupidly enough, I believed them and
started spraying. The problem is: the surface is so smooth, that if one
scratches the paint after it has dried, the paint peels off. Maybe I
should have let it dry more and then test its hardness, but it seems to
me I should have lightly sanded the spoiler first.

So, question number one: has anybody painted aftermarket spoilers? If so,
was the primed surface smooth? Was your paint peeling off in strips
after a week or so?

Question number two: only four small screws hold the spoiler to the car
(one on each side and two on the sides of the front). In case I
absent-mindedly come too close to a parking curb and the curb hits the
spoiler, what can happen? Will the screws give way, or will the spoiler
crack (I can't imagine it bending permanently, simply because of the
material it is made).

Thanks,
	Ilias