painting bumpers

Has anybody painted their bumpers (or had them painted professionally).  On
my '85 I've got a front bumper that is black as midnight (minus the
few....uh.....scrapes that I've added) and a rear bumper that is that
disgusting, faded, dirty looking grey.  Anyway on a recent trip to the
insurance company the adjuster told me that he figured the front bumper
looked as though it had been painted.

I'd love to make my bumpers match.  It's a little like making sure you are
wearing matching socks when you head out on a date - some things are worth
doing!

Anybody done it?  What's been your experience?

Chris.

cfiddes@direct.ca
chris_fiddes@pdd-smtp.placer1.wimsey.com