Re: Appraise this scirocco...

At 10:54 PM 9/12/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Ok would u guys be willing to do a price check for me:
>heres the deal
>
>86 scirocco 16v - body in excelent condition 94k miles
>here are the UPGRADES -
>neuspeed springs
>turbogas shocks
>BBS 14 x 6.5 " wheels (.5 larger then stock
>short shift kit
>ottinger cam
>tt 2.25" exaust
>3.94 final drive ratio
>10.1" ventilated disc brakes (front and rear)
>
>here are the Things that were replaced:
>new tranny 2k miles ago
>new clutch 0 miles old
>all the little things are new (pumps, lines, seals, etc)
>everything in excelent condition (im serious.. im not saying that cause i
>want to sell it.. everything is really in great condition..)
>new timing belt
>anything else thats maintanace it probably has.
>
>what do you think? thanks for your opinions and price quotes

Alot of people dont care about mods, on the contrary, it scares some people
into not wanting the car because they think there was something wrong with
the car for you to put something not stock on the car. (I dont get it but
thats what the pros say.) Your best bet in getting a fair price is to find
yourself a VW fan who wants one, badly. Then that buyer will understand what
a great deal he/she is getting for the price.
With what you have in the car and your description you give, and without
seeing the car, inside-outside-under the hood-under the car (Which is the
most important place to look in my book) sounds like you have a $2500 -
$3000 car. Im guessing high because Im hoping you keep your Scirocco as
clean as I do mine!
Thats my opinion and remember one thing, YOU ASKED!!  :)

Shawn