Re: Better filters: AMSOIL or K&N?

At 10:10 PM 9/5/96 -0400, Sean wrote:
>Hey.  I'm in the process of choosing an air filter for my 88 16v and am
>drawn between AMSOIL and K&N.  Any opinions on which is better?  The AMSOIL
>one is a few dollars cheaper.  AMSOIL uses a foam element while K&N filters
>with cloth.  Which one is best for performance and filtration?

I have no idea as to which one filters better but I can tell you that the
K&N filter will last you a lot longer. My gut feeling is that the K&N also
filters better. Something about foam doesnt work quite right. I have a foam
filter in my Vacume cleaner and it spewes fine dust all over the side of my
car if the exhaust of the vacume is pointing at the car at the time.
Id stick with the K&N, you pay more but then again, you get what you pay for
too...

Shawn
The fastest, quickest and best
looking Scirocco GTi in San Diego!!!