Re[2]: Interior noise & miscellaneous...

Message authorized by:
    : /S=ajjones@airmail.net/OU=SMTP/O=1.UCN.GO.1/P=PROCTERGAMBLE/A=MCI/C=US/ at

>(duh'peet) wrote:

>> That happened to me too.  Fortunately the cable still lifted the hook that
>holds down the seat on one side.  So I took some safety wire and wired the
>inoperative hook in the
>open possition.  A cheesey fix I admit, but I'm poor.  Anyway, check if the
>lever lifts
>either of hooks and if so wire the other one out of the way. good luck! --

Wondering if someone could post the original message, I didn't get it for some
reason.

I have the same problem with my driver's seat.  The lever does not lift the hook
enough to release the seatback, the cord is too tight and doesn't move.  In my
case the seatback is "warped", the side with the level is twised back.  I guess
I have two options, either lengthen the cord in some way, or "unwarp" the seat.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kevin.
'86 Scirocco