RE: Reanimate '81 S?

'81 Scirocco S which was as unreliable as it was fun.  I loved the Scirocco
So I'm thinking along the lines
of an engine transplant (rather than rebuilding my 1.7 which always seemed
wheezy).

Personally, I think this is a no-brainer (bias)!  $1,000 plus some elbow
grease and you'll have a nice car.  Look at EC and see that Wolf Sport can
get you into a 1.8 for $400.  You'll probably need a knock sensor but you
could get that baby done cheap and easily.  Do some research and you'll
find that a H2O VW are a blast to work on.

Rodney Noriel

PS these guys here have a wealth of information on this so mike them for
it.